11.06.2007

Get Back To Work (If That's What You Call It)

Attention WGA Writers:

You are not going to get what you want, so just go back to work. Even if you were to get what you want (I'm not saying you are going to), the money you are losing out on while walking these picket lines will never be recouped. You are not fighting for better conditions (you already sit in nice, but fake, Aeron chairs) and you already make a lot of money. I know, I know, it isn't fair that studios and production companies make all that cash. After all, it was YOUR idea that they invested their $100 million in and ended up making $50 million back. Oh wait. Ah yes, we have assumed that every movie/television show makes money, but I used the word 'invest' because this business is all about investments. For every hit there are ten, twenty, fifty flops, which as we all know are not good investments.

An idea is an investment. On a friend's advice (idea) I sold my 20 shares of Yahoo! stock (YHOO) to buy 15,000 shares of a penny stock. Unfortunately, the idea was a really bad one that just seemed good at the time and I lost all my money. I didn't go to my friend and say, "I want my money back because your idea sucked." I knew it was a risk, but sometimes these risks pay off. However, had I made a lot of money, I bet my friend would have asked me for his "fair share". Crazy how people don't want to take responsibility for bad ideas.

Go back to work. The studios/production companies already pay you a decent wage to let you be free with those ideas that they are willing to take the risk on. You're losing money now, money that won't make it back into your pocket no matter what the outcome is. On top of all that, LOTS of people are out of work because of your "fight". Do you really want to be responsible for dying babies? You don't care, do you? You just care about beating "the man". Shame on you. Shame on you for killing babies and kittens!

Kisses!

The Producer

No comments: