11.12.2007

Ride To Die?

I ride a motorcycle. I used to ride quite a bit, but the more I rode, the less I wanted to. Riding a motorcycle can be a very liberating experience, but it is also a very exhausting one. I am never more aware as when I am on my bike, constantly surveying my surroundings and assuming I will get the worst of what every driver has to offer. I know a lot of people don't like motorcyclists, I'm not sure if it's because we get to places faster or we split lanes and interrupt your cell phone conversation with your friend Megan (without the 'h'). Whatever your reason for hating on us, please don't use your 4000 pound weapon of mass destruction to end our carefree lives. Our motto, "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" means that we want to live. I don't want to end up like all these riders, so please, look, look, and look again. We'll do our part and assume you won't look at all.

Suspect Was Driving a Dark Red Jeep

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Nov. 11, 2007 (CNS) - Police Sunday sought the public's helping in locating a sports-utility vehicle involved in a felony hit-and-run traffic accident in North Hollywood that left a motorcyclist dead.

The sports utility vehicle involved in the crash was a dark red or possibly burgundy 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with fresh damage to its driver's side, including the loss of a panel, said Los Angeles police officer Virgil Castor of the Valley Traffic Division. The Jeep could be of more-recent vintage, he said.

The traffic accident occurred about midnight on Lankershim Boulevard, just north of Saticoy Street, said Los Angeles police Sgt. William McAllister.

The motorcyclist, a 27-year-old man, was going north on Lankershim Boulevard in the left lane as the sports utility was going in that same direction, but in the right lane, Castor said.

For some unknown reason, the motorist decided to make a U-turn, striking the motorcyclist, he said. The Jeep kept going south on Lankershim, then turned east on Saticoy Street.

The name of the motorcyclist will be released pending notification of next of kin, Castor said.

Anyone who may have witnessed the accident or knows the whereabouts of the Jeep Grand Cherokee was asked to the call the LAPD's Valley Traffic Division at (818) 756-8381.

No comments: